Maybe it is a boy thing, but if you are looking for a sure fire way of keeping your kids occupied (and the toys in a relatively confined location) try a fort! Let me explain the process of this discovery for me- or rather, let me paint you a picture. Andrew was out of town, their were loads of laundry that needed to be done/folded, and I could not, for the life of me, get my boys to play with their toys. Instead, as they often do, they insisted on being exactly where I was and driving me/and each other crazy! So, it hit those witching hours (with no prospect of dad coming home) and I decided to try a little something new. A fort! And needless to say, it worked. They spent a good part of the rest of the day in there: playing, watching a movie, and sleeping (pretend, of course. Although, had I let them, they would have done so literally!) See for yourself...
The only problem- if you can call it a problem- is now everything is a fort! Gavin has discovered his own little "fort" places around the house that he chooses to spend time in. We often find missing toys, articles of clothing (socks), and other little treasures in just such places. As you can see, the huge pillows on our bed is one of his favorites. This particular location is the only place and time that he will watch Sesame Street. No other. Don't know why, but I'm not complaining. Other fort places include: the corner between the piano and couch where we stack the blankets, the bathtub (either one), and the corner of our bedroom (when the bed is unmade and the pillows are stacked in the corner of the room). Can't say I blame him. Who wouldn't want to be surrounded by such huge, soft pillows?
baby sleeper bed
4 years ago
4 comments:
I remember always wanting to build forts. I'm glad taht it keeps the boys preocupied. You are such a good mom!
Forts are fun. I would want to climb somewhere cozy and play, too. I'm glad you found something to occupy their attention so you can do a thing or two.
How fun and if it keeps them busy the mess is even worth it.
I really need to try this with my girls. I loved forts when I was young and still do.
Post a Comment