Monday, March 3, 2008

Potty Trained: Check!

It's official. Gavin is a big boy. He actually has been for a few weeks now, but since his potty training incentive took some time to come in the mail- we are only now declaring it. Yep- five potty training charts later- there are no diapers during the day (or at naptime if mom is brave). And, knock on wood- we haven't had an accident in weeks.


So, what do you get a big boy to celebrate his graduation from diapers? How about a full sized Disney Cars rolling backpack. It's purposes: 1. to store all those big boy toys he earned along the way 2. to get him ready for the next big boy event- school 3. and let's face it- to hide the now sagging pants that just don't fit as well without a diaper to keep them up :)

This was Gavins reaction when I pulled it out of the box. I'll let you decide if he likes it or not.


7 comments:

blaine and michelle said...

reminds me of when Andrew got his first Barbie. you should have seen the joy in his eyes. I had never seen him so happy except for the year prior when he got his drivers license. (you do the math)

blaine and michelle said...

Congrats Gavin! That is really exciting. Kimberley is getting extremely close, but what do you do when you're not at home? I still put her in diapers, I can't figure out when she can go diaperless in public yet!

Kristin D. said...

Congratulations. I think that is a perfect graduation gift.

heidijogoody said...

Yippee. that is so great. I am sure you are just so excited you have made it a long way. good job!

Anonymous said...

YEAH GAVIN!!!!! I'm sure you are just loving having one less diaper to change Lynds. Yeah! When i get my car back one of the first things I'll do is visit you! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

That must be so nice to have him out of diapers. That is my next step with Boston! Also do you know where you are taking him to preschool? There is a lady in my ward that teaches preschool and she is awesome! Just a heads up! I am sending Boston there this year! I tried the preschool this last year at the Little Scholars Academy. It was ok but really expensive! I jsut was curious where you are sending him?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! How exciting for Gavin....but more so for Mom, I am sure!