Friday, April 11, 2008

Working Hard to Save the Money

This post should have come before the last one (because it further explains the whole "organized the garage" thing), but whose keeping track, right?!


It finally got to the point where we had to find a more permanent/organized/cost effective way of storing all of Andrew's hunting/fishing things. And if you have caught on to any of the previous "obsessed hunter" references, you would know/assume there was A LOT. Up to this point, our method had been random piles in the garage and basement. Now that the boys are brainwashed into the hunting obsession as well- those piles were all to tempting and getting all to destroyed (not to mention the potential danger). It is bad enough spending the money (literally thousands) in the first place for the "much more than a hobby", but to have to spend it twice wasn't going to fly with me. So we spent the weekend tackling the job. 7 bins and one full garage shelf later, we had a child/equipment safe system.

So, what were the two "future hunters" doing during this whole time? See for yourself. They couldn't have been happier. Our basement was like a little boys paradise. I think they would have preferred to keep it that way.


Thank you babe. I didn't even have to ask!

6 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Dont you love when you finish getting something organized. It looks great and now you have it all in one spot and I am sure can find things a little easier.

Hales Family said...

I so know how you feel. I had to oraganize all of NAte's stuff cause it never got done. Isn't it fun having a hunting obsessed family. :)

blaine and michelle said...

That is so great. I REALLY need some shelves in our garage as well. The too-small kids clothes are in bins stacked almost to the ceiling, and are about to topple onto the truck any minute now. Your garage looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great job organizing!!! You did a great job!

Mower Clan said...

The garage does look amazing!!!

Brianna E. said...

Hay Lindsey , that is a relief i had my husband cleen my grage too!
i love it when things are organized
,don't you?