Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Biker Boys

I must admit, I am a terrible mom. Gavin has known how to ride a bike by himself for a long time now, but I was remiss in documenting the exact date. So- to make up for it, I am documenting the first time he rode his bike by himself OUTDOORS! He got the bike two Christmas' ago, but the pedalling concept was a little too challenging at first. He has been practicing down in our basement (because mom has been too nervous to bring it outside (our driveway is so steep) and then because of weather), but it was finally time to let him loose.


You can see that practice has made perfect, in this case. Too perfect..for now he listens when I tell him to turn around and ride back, but who knows how long that will last. I may be getting my daily workouts by chasing him around the block.


And Tristan. This little walking toy that he was (and is) so attached to (thanks again, Grandma) turns into a riding toy- BUT our little guys legs are too short to do much pushing. As you can see, that isn't going to stop him from having his fun.

Oh, what fun it is to ride!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

The girls have that same push toy
Tristan has. It is nice that it also turns into a cute little bike toy.

blaine and michelle said...

Kimberley hasn't quite reached the height to use her tricycle yet. Your boys look like they're having a great time, and I'm glad the weather's warm enough for outdoors time now!

Anonymous said...

Wow Gavin is looking so old!! I'm sure you kids love riding around outside!