Those of you who know us know that we are notorious for changing cars every year or so, and this is no exception. Big Surprise! Actually, we had our previous two cars (our Toyota Corolla and Cadillac SRX) for almost 2 1/2 years now- which is a long time for us. But, the theory goes: find an amazing deal on a car with super low miles, drive it for a year or so and sell (while the miles are still relatively low) for as close to the original purchase price as possible. Then, you have driven a car (for however long) for free (or close to it). This, along with other not so note worthy reasons, was why we decided now was the time to play a little musical cars.
In the last week and a half, we managed to sell both of our cars and purchase the first of our next two. My new, beautiful, Honda Pilot. Now some of you are saying, "you went from a Cadillac to a Pilot, why?" Well, technically, Andrew was driving the Cadillac and you haven't heard the rest of the story. Car two is going to be a Cadillac CTS, so we really aren't giving up the Cadillac name in our family (once you've owned a luxury vehicle, you can't go back). Not only does it make sense for Andrew to be driving/commuting with a smaller vehicle, it makes more sense to take a bigger/tougher/not so luxury vehicle camping and on other such excursions. Besides, who wouldn't want a vehicle like this? Stay tuned for pictures of vehicle number two (hopefully sooner rather than later). And for those of you envying this exact car- check back in a couple of years and perhaps you can have it! Maybe not though, this one might last. Stop laughing those of you that know us too well!
baby sleeper bed
4 years ago
15 comments:
Nice new ride. We have a black pilot as well and I absolutely love it!
2 of a kind. First the Escape and now the Pilot. Although the Leather would be nice!
That is a very nice looking car. I am not sure we will ever be in a position to have such a nice car. I love black SUVs.
oh boy you guys are so spoiled but i think that you really should reconsider your stand against minivans. they are the greatest!!!!!
NICE!!!! Let me know when you want to sale!! haha I love pilots. They are so nice!
I am so stinkin' jealous! I want a pilot so bad! Unfortunately dental school doesn't pay very well! ;(
congratulations on getting a new car! They are always so much fun! We will look forward to a ride in it the next time you are up!
I give it two years max! It sure is a pretty ride, though If you ever get a black Lincoln Navigator, then I'll be totally jealous!!
You already know my feelings on the situation. I cannot comment because it is a commandment not to covet thy sister-in-laws car. :)
Lindsey, I found your blog through Anne's. Your family is adorable! (I have a Gavin as well) Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi!
I love Pilot's! They are on my wish list! Congrats!
This doesn't have to do with this post but I was just reading some of your boy talk on the side of your blog and I am laughing out loud. I love seeing all the fun stuff Gavin is saying. I think I might have to copy your idea when the girls start saying funny thing like this.
I would love to get together. How about next week?
Nice car!!! I'm glad you finally got it! It is so pretty!
oh man.....that is the car of my dreams. Not only do I envy my sister but now you!! Man am I breaking the commandments.
Post a Comment