Monday, February 2, 2009

The Results


And now for the post you all have been waiting for. (All right, many of you are still waiting. Many others of you, however, already know. Oh the priveledges of being family (or closely affiliated with family))!

As I mentioned many a post ago, it was about that time for finding out the gender of our little baby #3. Our options: 1. Pay money and have the gender determined at a fetal studio. 2. Work our magic with the doctor's office to schedule an early ultrasound. 3. Wait until 20 weeks-standard doctor's office procedure.

Our decision- why not do all 3?

And that is exactly what we did. Reasons? I can give many, but let's just keep this short in saying, we wanted to be SURE and we wanted to know before we moved out of state (in order to tell family in person and have it recorded on medical records.) So, on January 6, 2009 we visited the fetal studio in the South Towne mall. On January 13, 2009 we arranged for an earlier ultrasound through the doctor's office. And, on February 10, 2009 I will have my 20 week ultrasound as well.

So far, the results have been unanimous and 200% unquestioned. (I am only uploading the ultrasound pictures from the fetal studio because they came on a disc (and to be honest are the most clear), but let me assure you, the ones taken at the doctor's office are practically identical.) You be the judge, but we are convinced it's a...
GIRL!
It's a girl...It's a girl...It's a girl...It's a girl...It's a girl...It's a girl...It's a girl...It's a girl...It's a girl!!!!!

We couldn't be more excited. Andrew claims to have known all along (which he did predict and has with all three- yet to be wrong), Gavin changed his mind to "a brother" at the last second but had been claiming "sister" for quite some time beforehand, and Tristan was trained to say "sister" and did all along. As for me, It was one of those "you are pretty sure you know but you don't dare say just in case it isn't" kind of things. Not that we don't love boys- OH WE DO! We are just ready to give this girl thing a try! Now we can begin to officially freak out that we don't have a clue what we are doing in that arena! Not to mention, everything we own is for a boy!...
Calling all hand-me-downs!!! :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you! I can only imagine how cute she will always be dressed just like her mommy! Congrats

Kristin D. said...

I can#t believe how clear those images are. I am so excited to see all the cute outfits this girl is going to have. She is going to be so pampered.

Mandi said...

YEAH! I can't believe you didn't spill the news during super bowl goodness!...yeah for a girl!

blaine and michelle said...

I'm answering the call. Hand me downs will be available starting May 29th (when we get there).

heidijogoody said...

Morgan had told me a while ago that you were having a girl! I kind of thought you were having a girl but maybe that was just me hoping you would get a girl so you could start to even out with all the boy stuff you have going on! That is so exciting and girls are way funner to shop and buy for then boys :)

Denise said...

OH MY GOSH! So much to catch up on but I just had to say a big CONGRATS! How exciting!!! I'm just thrilled for you!