Wednesday, June 10, 2009

You Call This a Bath?

I love the smell of freshly bathed/lotioned babies and often fall on the side of bathing too much (the boys still take a bath every day, or two at most). But, I have to admit, the process of sponge bathing a newborn almost isn't worth it. Can you blame them? Tubs and sinks are out of the question (until the chord falls off that is) so being fully exposed on a towel on the floor with only occasional pours of warm water is the lowsy alternative.


I'd probably cry too if I were them, and in fact, get close just being the instigator of such a cruel process.

Lots of love and snuggling later...


She is beautiful and smells good enough to eat, but both of us are a little traumatized!

5 comments:

Sally said...

She is gorgeous--just like her mother! Congratulations to all of you. And, just so you know, my transition to three was much easier than my transition to two kidlets. Good luck and lots of love!

Aunt Sally

Kristin D. said...

With Katie they had me bathe her before the cord came off. Strange how things are done differently here.

blaine and michelle said...

She is getting even cuter every day! I was so ecstatic when Oliver's cord came off at 4 days old. No more stupid sponge baths!

heidijogoody said...

I know those poor babies those baths are just no fun for the first little bit

Anonymous said...

She is getting prettier and prettier. I've got to come see her soon!