In theory, when mentioning Andrew's "trophy", I would like to post a picture of myself. But alas, instead, it is this recently hunted giant of an elk. Now, I am not even going to try to sound like I know what I am talking about, so I will write only the facts as they have been given to me.
Dates of the Hunt: August 28-September 10, 2009
Where: 20+ miles out of Yempa, CO
Date Shot: Saturday, September 5
Yards Away: 80
Weight: Really Heavy!!
Size: 8X8
Hunters: Andrew, Blaine, Allister (yes, Andrew has successfully corrupted the later two) and two donkeys. Not llamas this time, donkeys. Much better. I can't complain. As long as he has volunteers to go with him, I don't have to hear the speech about how women can be into hunting too.
I may not be the featured "trophy" of this post, but it is his head, not mine, that will be mounted on the wall...of the garage that is! As for the rest of him, I can now say that he has been successfully and pretty close to professionally butchered by the mighty hunter himself and we will be having elk roast/steaks for Sunday dinner from now until long past next hunting season. Dinner anyone?
In all seriousness- I am really grateful for the meat and actually look forward to a change from venison to elk. Congratulations babe. You finally did it! I am so proud.
P.S. I would mention how well Andrew did at not spending us into the poor house this hunting season (seriously, he bought only the absolute necessities), but mounting this baby and buying a freezer to store him in cost more than previous years of equipment ever did. So under amount saved this hunting season, I will have to plead: N/A. I know babe- we got way more than we spent in prime meat. It is worth it.
1 comments:
All that meat will save you so much money.
Post a Comment