Emma
You already know how much I adore my baby girl, so I will try to be as factual as I can in my update.
GIRL: Emma is all girl. Sure, she can be entertained/distracted by a car or toy gun, but she has obvious preferences for all things girl. Her current favorites: bead necklaces and her sparkly pink music box from Grandma.
Drama: Along with this all girl thing comes all drama. I never quite believed people when they said that girls are more dramatic. Well, they are. She can be very high maintanence, and is very particular. She wants what she wants WHEN she wants it and there is no stopping her. She will go to incredible lengths to reach something she desires, and if she finds the task impossible she will let herself be known.
Independent: She is very independent. Don't get me wrong. She wants mommy within arms distance most of the day, but she wants to DO things herself. We have recently started her on solid foods/sipee cups, but she would rather run the show herself as you can see.
Fashionable: This one she doesn't really have a choice on. I have waited for a little girl of my own to dress up and to do her hair, and we are starting early! Emma has this long little patch of hair that I have gone back and forth on cutting until my sister suggested clippies. Why I hadn't thought of them before, I don't know, but we definitely won't be cutting her hair anytime soon. Would you when she looks so adorable?
Mobile: That is right. My baby is on the move. She was practically born arching her back, but just recently has decided to flip herself over. I generally hate this stage because she can't flip herself back quite yet and it has been my experience that babies hate their stomachs. So, rolling generally leads to crying- and yet once they know how they just can't keep themselves from doing it. Emma actually doesn't mind her stomach too much, however, so she lasts a little while before protesting. That worries me that crawling won't be far away, but we won't think about that just yet.
Social: Still wary of strangers and crowds, she is one of the most social babies you have met. She loves looking over my shoulder in church and letting herself be known. If her fingers are anywhere near her mouth, sounds are coming out in loud volume. And spitting, unfortunately, is still one of her most favorite crowd pleasers. Catch her eye and she will put on a show. Just don't get too close unless she knows you.
And before I conclude- a few other random notes of interest:
She loves her toes and is my only baby who has/does eat them.
She is my worst sleeper, but I still can't complain. 4 hour stretches are generally her shortest.
Bathtime is her favorite. She could stay in their for hours without complaint.
She hates bibs and refuses to eat while wearing one.
She is obsessed with her daddy. She wants mommy to hold her but she is all eyes for him when he is near.
Her brothers adore her still. Their favorite thing is to watch shows with her in the morning "unsupervised" (aka mom is out of direct sight).
She chews on anything and everything and always has. Teeth aren't anywhere close.
I could go on...
But, my most favorite thing with my little Emma girl are those rare moments when I am her undivided focus and she plays with/studies my face and I hers. In those moments I know she loves her mommy- I just hope it is a fraction of how much I love her.


1 comments:
Such a little cutie! It sure is amazing how different girls are from boys! It is also crazy how girls are born with drama :)
Post a Comment