Saturday, February 27, 2010

Resolve

Jumping back even further...
I am not one for making my New Year's resolutions public.  Reasoning: 1. embarrassment (I have so many "basic" things I should be doing and am not) and 2. accountability (If I put it in writing, or make it public, then I REALLY have to do it.)  This year, I decided to bite the bullet and do it anyway- even if it is two months later. :)

Determining a resolution was not all that easy, mind you.  Pray/scriptures/FHE, those don't count.  I resolve to do better at those every week.  Same with exercise/eat better, yell less/love more, and so on.  No, this resolution had to be the perfect balance of simple, attainable and measureable.  So let it be written:

I resolve to brush my teeth (and my kids teeth) every night.

(I'll wait for your gasps of shock to subside.)  Yes, I should be doing this already, but let's face it.  Some nights I am just so relieved that it is bed time that getting three kids in their beds and asleep is the ONLY priority.  An episode of American Idol/a Jazz game/ or something similar later, you can pretty much check me out for the count as well.  With precious few hours (or even minutes) until the first nightly wake up call, even one minute of plaque scrubbing can be grewling.  Necessary, yes I know.  Hence the resolution.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

You and Michelle must have had a chat about this...I don't even have kids and I find myself dropping off before brushing my teeth gets done!

Jill said...

I'm horrible at brushing in the morning. It's a part of our kids bedtime routine, but many days it's after lunch time before I realize we haven't brushed teeth yet. You're so clever for making that resolution!

heidijogoody said...

I love it... I think this is a great one! I too know the feeling to just want to rush bed time or to just fall asleep before I have done mine!