Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What Have You Been Up To?

So my 10 year high school reunion is coming up (gasp, I know) this summer and it has got me thinking.  What have I done in the last 10 years?  I have always known I wanted to and was supposed to be a mom and that is exactly what I am/have been doing.  And I LOVE it.  Nobody said, though, that mom=baby making machine only.  And, for me it doesn't.  But...

Am I an expert at anything?  Am I a world traveler?  Or maybe a fine foods connoisseur?  Am I an athlete?  Am I a professional?  Or am I anxiously engaged in service?  Do I hold a degree?  Or had hands on experience with something?  Have I taken risks- for the good and the bad?  Have I experienced change?  You get my direction.  Well, as much as I would like to say yes to all of the above and more, I'll let you be the judge.  In addition to my three perfect children, here is what I have done in the last ten years:

Attended College: Weber State University
Student Taught:  Several schools in the Weber/Davis County School Districts
Degree Achieved:  Elementary Education
Non Professional Jobs Held: 4 (Piano Teacher, Citibank, Kindergarten Aid, Secretary)
Professional Jobs Held:  1  (Third Grade Teacher)
Continuing Education: Yes (To maintain my Utah and Colorado Teaching licenses)
Church Callings Held:  Achievement Days, RS Chorister, RS Pianist, Nursery Teacher, VT Supervisor, Nursery Coordinator.
Places Traveled (not lived):
Boston, Canada, NY (3), England, Mexico (2 cruise, 2 other), Disneyland (2 couple, 2 kids), Disneyworld (2), New Orleans (2), Monterrey, CA, Tucson, AZ, Brazil and camping all over Utah/Colorado (<10).
Places Lived:  6  (Provo, UT; Houston, TX; Provo, UT; Eagle Mountain, UT; Kaysville, UT; Aurora, CO).
Life Changing Experiences:  Marriage, Children (3), Car Accident (Andrew), Starting a Business.
Drastic Change in Appearance:  Blond to Brunette
Risks Taken:  Real Estate (good and bad), Investing (good and bad), Owning a Business (good).
Special Interests Frequently Explored:  Fine dining, Travel, Culture
Athlete: Not recently, but an avid supporter.
Time Enjoyed: Family outings (movies, camping, museums, athletic events, etc.), Traveling with Andrew.

So, what have you been up to?

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I think it sounds like you have been up to a lot!

Chadlee said...

You've done a lot! Are you going to your reunion? I love your new pic and background - they look really good together.