Ever consider cutting and pasting a previous post for a current one. Not going to lie- I am tempted. You would think writing about a family tradition would be easy, but turns out it is all the harder. You try coming up with a new angle each year...not all that easy. So, I am not even going to try. Fact: we set up our Christmas tree (and decor) on the weekend after Thanksgiving, we had crepes for dinner and lots of festive Christmas music/movie watching. We reminisced about vacations had as we placed the ornaments on the tree, and the ONLY difference that sets this year apart from the others- we went with the artificial tree instead of the tall, full, wonderful smelling real ones. Why? When you are pinching pennies, there are a whole lot less to pinch when Target practically gives their 6' pre-lit trees away for $25. Thank you Black Friday, and not so thank you.


Andrew's job of lighting the tree just got a WHOLE lot easier! I'd say he is converted. Do they sell pre-lit REAL trees? Anyone?
Anyway...the pictures say the rest.
DECORATING
LIGHTING
EATING
(Don't you love Andrew's face? Yeah, he ruined the one good shot. The rest have one kid or the other eating, so we get this as the final product. Thanks babe!)
ORNAMENTING/REMINISCING
(We even let little Em help with the plastic balls! The rest of the time she was on "camera detail." Already like mother like daughter.
When we were done, the finished product looked a little like this:
And after a little tweaking from mom, it looked like this:
Ahh...tradition. And finally, we looked out the window to see this:
That made it official- we were ready for Christmas!
(I have to note for posterity. Little Emma didn't touch one ornament from the tree. It stayed perfect all season long. I am not one to let the kids have at the tree, but the boys at least made an attempt or two when they were little. Not our little Miss. She likes pretty things, but she likes to keep them pretty. She really is her mother's daughter!)
1 comments:
wow that is so nice that Emma didn't even mess with the tree my girls were awful and I tried my darndist to keep them off of it.. I finally resulted in decorating it from half way up :) your tree looked great! fun traditions you have
Post a Comment