As I am sure you all do, I have a million and one things that I would want should I be left an anonymous envelope full of money on my doorstep. And yet, when Birthday time or Christmas or "I need a little more than an I'm sorry" (etc) comes around, I can think of nothing. So, I have decided to make a wish list on the side of my blog, even if for no other purpose than to get it out of the recesses of my mind. And, if any of you are so inclined to share your inherited fortunes, new or old- you'll know you have options! :) Meanwhile, you can help with this: I know a few things that I would like, but I do not have specifics. I may add smaller, less expensive items as time goes on (clothes, shoes, decor, etc. trust me I have many of those wishes), but for now I am going to start with the bigger ticket items. Many of you probably own one or two (or all) of these items and can share of your wisdom. That way, by the time the money comes around, I'll be able to know exactly what I want through someone else's trial and error. Or trial and success- whatever the case may be. So, leave your two cents and look for a wish list on the blog to come.
SLR Camera (I am not professional, nor do I want to have a photography business- so all of you out there that are and do, do not hesitate to share your secrets because I will not be presenting any sort of competition. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to stay amateur. I want to take classes someday soon, but really just so that I can have amazing pictures for my blog/blog books and to hang around my house.)
BBQ Grill (we have one here, but it is rapidly dying. We use it at least 5 out of 7 days per week, come rain, snow or shine. Note: I don't want something massive, but big enough for our family and the occasional gathering of friends.)
Vacuum (all you central vac advocates feel free to put in your opinions as well, but assuming that is not an option- all the rest of you please, pipe up! Only criteria I can think of is bag-less. And, if it makes vacuuming faster, easier, better, or more fun- it won't be hard to sell me on it.)
Piano (I don't really need suggestions on this one. I already know what I want. I want an old, upright piano preferably a mahogany finish, that has character. I would like to refinish it someday, so it doesn't have to be in great condition, just has to have base character. Here is a picture of one I love love love and almost bought (so should have), just to give you an idea. So, if you were the buyer and would consider reselling, or if you have a similar one lying around in your basement that you think fits the criteria- PLEASE let me know!)
Large, Front Loading Washer and Dryer (each kid adds, what feels like, a whole extra days worth of laundry. Since we already have three kiddos-three days worth of laundry- perhaps a nice washer and dryer would make the never ending task seem less terrible. Now if only they had a machine that folds...)
See...I have drawn a blank on the rest of my items. I'll have to add more later as they come, but for now- that should be enough to keep you busy. And...If you want to suggest something that I SHOULD want- feel free to do that as well!







2 comments:
What a fun idea to do a wish list :)
What a fun list! If you ever need help deciding what camera to get, give me a call (or email). And I'd be happy to teach you a few things if you want.
Post a Comment