Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bear-y Important Person

It finally came!  Gavin had been counting down the weeks until it was his turn to be the "Beary Important Person" at school, and this was the week! (May 7, 2011)  He got to take home PJ Bear, we made his poster, bought his treats (donuts), in  and collected items for his spotlight.  It was so fun to reminisce about our little doodle,  in the preparations and in the classroom.  How do you show on a poster, or in a spotlight, just how much you love your first baby boy?  You just can't.

Bringing home PJ Bear was the highlight of the week for Gavin, I would have to say.  We did all sorts of fun things together, and since PJ is known for his mischievousness, it was a pretty exciting week.  Here is what he had to say about it:
I was so excited to bring PJ Bear home for THREE WHOLE WEEKS!  I had so many ideas of what we could do together.  On the way home from school, we stopped at the store for a few groceries.  As hard as we tried to keep an eye on PJ he kept sneaking things into the cart.  We put a few of the things back, but we let him keep the gummy bears and teddy grahams.  We figured they would be good treats for a…
MOVIE NIGHT!  It was a party with all our animal pets and PJ!  We watched Despicable Me while we ate pizza and lots of bear treats.  PJ helped, and by the end of the night- the gummy bears were gone! 

Mom was doing laundry and PJ wanted to help.  Actually, he wanted to take bath and a ride in the dryer.
Here is where we found him.  Mom wasn’t too mad though.  It was bedtime and after being passed through so many houses- she figured he would need a good cleaning!  Especially since this…
was how he spent the night.  It was sleep camp night, so PJ slept on the floor of the family room with us and all our pillows, blankets and animal pets.  It was such a fun sleepover for PJ’s first night at the Richardson house.

The rest of the time, PJ never left my side.  Except when I went to school, of course.  Mom told me all kinds of mischievous things PJ would do while I was gone.  I guess he needed me to keep an eye on him.  We did all sorts of fun things together like: playing with legos, going on play dates, and playing in the sand box.  There were a couple of things I just HAD to do with PJ, though.  First was…
go to the park.  I just LOVE the park and wanted PJ to love it too.  He sure did, especially since he had a friend to play with.  Mr. Bear. 
PJ still found time to be mischievous though.  We found him hiding under the slide when it was time to go home.
I guess he really wanted to stay! 
And the most important place I wanted to take PJ was the Children’s Museum.  It is my favorite place to go, so I had to take him there.
His favorite part was the fire truck.  That explains why we were such good friends- that is my favorite part too!

He must have had a good time, because he was a very good bear.  When he wasn’t playing, he stayed put in the stroller and watched.  Too bad we can’t keep him- I think we have almost got him trained.
Then again, maybe not.  Here is where we found him when it was time for him to go back to school.  I guess he wanted to stay.  I am sure he will have fun at the next kid’s house- but we will sure miss him  here!  Thanks PJ for all the fun times!
Tell you what, Gavin...as much as you loved PJ Bear...we love you infinity times more!  I should have put THAT on the poster!  You are a beary important person every day around here.  We love you buddy.

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

How cute is that! I sure looks like PJ bear fit right in with your family :)

Anonymous said...

This is a cute little idea! I also love how you gave the bear a bath! HAHA!