What??? You ask. So did I. Apparently oobleck is something from a Dr. Seuss book. Makes sense. It is messy, and it is fun. And, thanks to the PTO at Gavin's school, all the students who read 15 minutes a night for a month got to experience oobleck in it's finest. They got to WALK on it.
Ingredients: water and baking soda. Instructions: keep moving or you will sink. It is like walking on jello, or at least that is what I was told. Too bad my camera wasn't cooperating. I got a couple of Gavin: before he started and as he finished (someone stepped in front, unfortunately), and a couple of his teacher and principal. Altogether, I think you get the idea.
What a fun day. What a great PTO. We are lucky to have such a good school. Another thing we will miss leaving here.
3 comments:
Ooh, one of those things I'd love to try, but not at home. Sounds fun!
Now that looks so very interesting!
Fun idea! Tristan must have been dying to try it himself. What a good sport.
Post a Comment