Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Soccer Take Two

...two players, that is!  Yep, that is right.  This season Tristan was FINALLY old enough to play.  And, let me tell you, he has been waiting and waiting for this day to come.  But, come it did, for both of them and it has been Saturday practices and Thursday games ever since!  They love it, and so do we observers- aka Andrew, Emma and I (although, you won't see us pictured! :))




 Believe it or not, Gavin has improved in just the one year and seems to finally grasp the object of the game.  He is really good at, and seems to prefer defending- taking after his mom- but still manages to get in his scoring time. He scored a goal his first game!  This year they added a goalie and, as you can see, he loves that too!





And Tristan- well, he is full of energy.  It took some time, and is still taking even more, to fully figure out what to do, but when he gets going he really goes.  My guess is that he will take after daddy a little more and prefer scoring over defending, but who knows.  He scored his first game too!  I might just be guessing, but I'd say that his favorite parts are still team huddles, coach time, treats, and shaking hands at the end.  No...maybe not.  He really loves it all.

I don't know what is better- playing soccer, or watching your kids learn to love soccer for themselves.  I'd venture to say the latter.  I wouldn't miss it for the world! 

2 comments:

Chadlee said...

So adorable! My kids loved seeing these pictures.

heidijogoody said...

So cute! Tristans smile says it all!