Just when I think Gavin couldn't get any smarter, I get proven wrong. Each time we order takeout from PF Changs, we get a couple of sets of chopsticks with our food. Instead of throwing them away, I keep them in our silverware drawer-just in case, I guess. Gavin has discovered them long before this, but has only used them to play "drums" (on the walls, furniture, and of course, his little brother!) A couple of days ago, I was making spaghetti for the boys and Gavin got them out of the drawer. In my head I was thinking, "it won't be long before Tristan starts screaming-then I'll be taking them away." Now, Gavin absolutely loves spaghetti (thanks to his grandma Tina) but just hasn't been able to master the art of eating it- until now. I turned around and there he was, eating spaghetti with chop sticks. He'd grab a handful of spaghetti with one hand and put it on the chopsticks he was holding in his other hand. From there, it successfully made it into his mouth! Won't he make his Uncle Ammon proud! It wasn't too long before he realized it saved time to go straight from the hand to the mouth- but still!
Tristan, on the other hand, was so smart- he realized from the beginning it was easier to use his hands! Who needs chopsticks?
baby sleeper bed
4 years ago
2 comments:
Wow, and I am still trying to get Kimberley to eat at all, let alone with chopsticks!
okay so my nephew is officially one of the cutest kids around, he must take after his uncle
Post a Comment