Thanks a lot Alison! I think that is what everyone who has been tagged has said in the first line of their "tagged" blog, but I really mean it! Coming up with seven things that most people don't know about me is going to be hard, but here goes...
1. I have always wanted to live in an apartment in New York. No longer than a year, and definitely not with kids. It just seems so exciting to me-the busy busy, the noise, broadway, the shops and resturants, using the subway to get around. I would also love to rent an old home in a place like Conneticut for a year or two. I could do this with kids, but I would also love to study at a school like Harvard or Yale. Don't know what I would study exactly- but I love the idea of it. Maybe when the kids are older.
2. The only recurring dream I have ever had involves green slime, ghosts, and babysitting. I guess I should never have seen the movie ghost busters! I won't go into too many details, let's just say that the house starts to fill up with slime and I end up trapped, hiding behind a car in the garage as ghosts parade by the door. I've definitely had weirder dreams, but for all you dream analyzers out there, I don't even want to know what this one means. (And for those of you wondering- it has been years since I've had it and I don't expect to do so again.)
3. I definitely have talent envy. There are SO many things that I wish I knew how to do. More than could be learned in a lifetime. I would have to say that the people whose talents I envy the most are: gourmet chefs, and hair stylists. You don't study those at Harvard or Yale, but perhaps I will learn those skills one day in the future!
4. I have a love/hate relationship with storms. If Andrew is home, there is nothing I love more than to lay in bed and have the storms raging around outside. But if he is away, I couldn't be more terrified of being alone (especially with two boys that I am responsible for.) To name a few other things that I am terrified of: anything that creeps and/or crawls, extreme heights, shots (and pain in general) and the number one...FISH. Weird, I know. I don't like to eat them, but I encourage any of you that do to eat more!
5. I would LOVE to be a world traveler. I have had the opportunity to visit so many amazing places in my life so far, but the more places I go- the more I want to see. The Travel Channel is not a good thing for a person like me. Some of the many places I've been already would include: Boston, England, New York, Brazil, Cancun, St. Louis, New Orleans, Orlando, California, Canada and so many other places in the states that I can't even mention them all. Of the places I want to go (first, at least) would be: Paris (and all over France, actually), Italy, Jerusalem, Germany, Prague, Egypt, Prince Edward Island, Greece, Africa, Ireland, Scotland and of course, England again. I guess you could say that I love Europe!
6. I want to write a children's book. Books, if possible. I guess it comes from my love of children's literature, or reading in general. Or it could possibly come from my passion for teaching. In any case, I want to be a published children's author. In the mean time, I want to read all the great children's books that are out there with my kids.
7. I love special occasions. Holidays, birthdays, vacations, random events like: going to the zoo, camping, movie nights, etc...you name it! I LOVE to make things a big deal. When it is fall, I want to do all the "fall things"- pumpkin patches, costumes, cornmazes. When it is Christmas, I want to do all of the "Christmas things"- concerts, lights, making cookies, gingerbread houses. I guess you get the picture. I think it makes life exciting and gives more incentive for getting out and experiencing things.
I guess the 8th thing I could say is that I am a perfectionist. It took me 1 1/2 hours to do this. Again, thanks Alison! Just to pass on the fun,
Blaine and Michelle
David and AnnieLaurie
Marc and Morgan
Jed and Tiffany
PJ and Heather
YOU HAVE ALL BEEN TAGGED!
baby sleeper bed
4 years ago
2 comments:
Sorry i tagged to and it took you so long to do it. But It was very insightful. I didn't know some of those things.
I responded on our blog, and it was fun. And I must say, I did learn something about you. I only knew three of your seven things already. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment