Monday, March 17, 2008

Lazy Boys

After MONTHS of waiting, Tristan finally got his convertible car seat. It took our little squirt FOREVER to finally reach that 20 pound limit (or even close). We switched Gavin at 1 year/19 pounds, but he stayed at 19 pounds until he was 18 months old! Tristan is no exception- he JUST reached 20 pounds a couple of weeks ago (and he is 19 months already). We would have broken the rules and switched him earlier, but we had some problems with the order/delivery. That is my fault. I HAD to have the same car seat that we bought Gavin 2 years earlier. It has treated us well, but even more- I am determined to avoid arguments over car seats. So- we did the online thing (which generally works great, but has its times). Long story short, lost orders and failed deliveries later- we just now got his car seat. And if you are wondering, I ordered Gavin new pads that match exactly- but surprise, surprise, they are on back order for another 30 days! Sometimes I wonder why I try.

So anyway, the point of this post. Car seat arrives in the mail, and un-surprisingly enough, the box instantly becomes a fort and the car seats (we pulled Gavin's in to compare) became lazy boy recliners. Funny thing is, I had put the car seats in a different spot in the room after opening/assembling, but turned around to find that the boys had dragged them into the one spot in the hall where the sun comes through our vaulted window. They know what is required for some serious relaxation.



Needless to say, I had to snap some pictures. I figure, who needs Lazy Boy recliners when these do the job just great? What a bunch of turkeys!


This all happened just minutes before nap time. I very well could have left them there and found them sound asleep shortly after. Too bad I am insistent upon long, un-interrupted nap times! That would have made for a great picture.

5 comments:

Kristin D. said...

I am anxious to get Alicia out of her carseat too. But we have to buy 2 new ones, because they changed the laws here as of the 1st of April. Anne's we were going to hand down to Alicia. But by law we can't use it. So we need to buy one for both girls. Your boys' seats do look awfully comfortable. They should make them in adult sizes too.

blaine and michelle said...

I hear ya. Kimberley was 17 months when she hit the magic 20. But we moved her into a big girl seat at 17 pounds and 1 year. We're a bit reckless, I guess. I'm glad your seats finally came (what a pain online shopping can be). And I can just see the future, the boys in their recliners when they're 30, watching TV and playing games, like our husbands.

Kathi said...

These boys are just two peas in a pod. They are so cute! I love how they do everything together. It's good they have that relationship!

heidijogoody said...

That is funny.. and it does look like Tristan could have fallen asleep with no problem but you are like me I would rather take the nice long nap over the cute picture :)

Brianna E. said...

Hey Lyns! Your boys look so cute in their hats and green shirts (I especially love Gavins :)) Did you just love that battered french toast? It's my fave!