For weeks now, we have been counting down the days until Gavin's birthday. Birthday's around here are always a happy thing- it doesn't matter whose birthday it is, in some way, Gavin thinks it is his (or at least that he has something to do with it). But- there was no mistaking the difference between those, and his ACTUAL birthday. That was a big deal. So- we made it a big deal, and overnight on the night of the 20th- the house was transformed into birthday land.
There was no questioning whether or not he liked what he saw. You can see his little happy dance in action!
And just to note...three or four nights before his birthday, we bought this "3" candle. Each night, he insisted on bringing it to bed with him. If that doesn't say "I love birthdays" I don't know what else does. At least he was excited, I- on the other hand, was (and am) not quite sure how to handle my babies growing up so fast.
I was pretty excited for Gavin's cake this year. He is into so many fun things that my creative juices were flowing, but alas- he insisted upon cupcakes. No matter of convincing would change his mind. He just wanted cupcakes- white cupcakes. So, that is what he got. He was VERY involved in each step of the process (as you can see), all the way until the crowning event- putting the "3" candle on the cupcake of his choice.
Gavin got exactly three presents this year. 1. Clothes (exciting, I know) 2. His bike helmet and pads 3. and a Thomas the Train puzzle and figure (from his brother)
and yet, somehow we knew that he was going to get everything he could wish for the very next day- we were heading off to DISNEYLAND! That is one present you just can't wrap!
6 comments:
I love the picture of his giddy dance...I can't fathom a better b-day present then going to disneyland the next day...lucky man!
He is so cute! I hope he had a happy birthday. We will celebrate it again on sunday. :) Can't wait to see you guys again.
That looks like the best b-day to me. The cupcakes made me very hungry.
Love the cupcakes! Sometimes it's hard to let them have what they want instead of what we think they should want. Fasten your seatbelts- I think age three is harder than two, but it gets better by four...sometimes!! :)
Happy birthday Gavin! It is so crazy how fast our kids grow up. He is a handsome little guy
What a fun birthday!! I can't beleive that he is that old!! He's so cute!! You are such a good mom to let him do cupcakes!!
Post a Comment