On Friday, July 18, 2008, the last of the Felt family children was married in the Salt Lake temple. The ceremony was beautiful, as were the rest of the day's festivities. The boys were excited to have a new "Aunt Selina" and Gavin especially was smitten. He kept saying "Aunt Selina is not weird, she's beautiful!" I guess he has heard so often that Uncle Cameron is weird that he assumed anyone marrying him would have to be weird as well. Thanks for taking him Selina, and welcome to the family. We love you both.
The boys looked adorable as ever throughout the day. I only have pictures of them at the temple, but trust me, they were cute enough to eat in their pink ties for the reception. I will post pictures as soon as I can steal them from Grandma!
Other than gaining a new sister and aunt, the reminder of the covenants we made that make us a forever family, here are a few of my favorite moments of the day:
1. Gavin's favorite part of weddings is the cutting of the cake. Hearing his genuine laugh when they oh so teasingly push the cake into the other's mouth is priceless. I first discovered his love for this while he was watching our wedding video. Suddenly, I hear his little laugh coming from the basement and I go down to discover the source. Sure enough, the cutting of the cake. It has been his favorite part ever since. He kept saying "uh-oh, they are going to cut the cake and then they are going to be funny!" Sure enough, they were and it made his day. Should the happy couple have boys, they won't regret it.
2. Gavin is just starting to discover older women, and it is hilarious. Watching him put on his flirt at the first sign of an older cousin (one in particular-or the bride for that matter)- dressed to a T in their pretty dresses and such was quite entertaining. Like father like son. Once he hits the age to worry about all that- he is all daddy's! By the end of the night, he was dancing with the girls- much to their amusement and delight!
3. Seeing my three boys all dressed up and handsome was definitely up there on my favorite list. There is no question I married the best looking man out there, but to see it pass down to my adorable little boys melts my heart. Even our little goofball, Tristan, looked so stinkin' handsome in his little outfit- dimples in tact, despite his running around like a little monster. Looks and personality on that one- again, going to be a problem for daddy!
10 comments:
that's hilarious about gavin and the cake, sentimental little guy...I love thier smiles in the pictures, they are such happy boys...
Thanks for sharing in our special day with us! Your boys looked so cute in their little pink ties! CAnt wait to see you when we get back! We are having SO MUCH FUN on our honeymoon! We miss you!
I love weddings. Cutting the cake is my favorite part. Ours ended up in a brawl between Jared and I and me sliding along the floor through red frosting frantically trying to get to the cake.
I love the two smiles, they are exactly the same. Such cute boys!! I can't wait to see them on friday!!!
They look adorable! I can't believe how grown up Cameron is. Are we getting old or what!?!
It was sooo much fun huh! I have to disagree about you marring the cutest guy out there. But I guess it would be wierd if you thought brandon was the best looking one around. :)
They were soo cute! i have lots of pics for you... While we were waiting we played a game with the camera and Gavin loved it!
Weddings are so much fun. It looks like it was a special day for everyone!
I still wold love to get together with you. I have just about any day or time free. The only problem is I lost your email so I can't do this directly. email me
heather.bingham@nebo.edu
Okay, so please tell me I will get used to my dark hair. I finally did it and went really, really dark!! YIKES!
Post a Comment