Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The First Hunt

That lasted twelve days! Yes you all, it is that time of year again. As much as I LOVE the fall, I have to admit, it has it's downfalls as well. One of them being hunting season. Don't get me wrong, I love it because it makes Andrew happy, but hate it because it is another one of those things that takes him away. And since he is a bowhunter, hunting season can last for months! I always secretly hope he fills his tags (gets his animals) in the first few days so hunting season can end early.) It must have worked, because this hunt he got a big BULL ELK- only he didn't get to bring it home. Something about the way the arrow went in caused the blood to clot and after eight plus hours of searching, they couldn't find it. So close. At least they (Andrew and his dad) got to enjoy some good father/son time in some of the most BEAUTIFUL country. If I didn't have to backpack for days and live like a mountain man, I'd be tempted to join. Oh wait, this time they brought llamas-yes you heard me right, LLAMAS. Definitely count me out!
(But, it still IS beautiful.)



What a good looking hunter. Or can you even see him with all that fancy (aka expensive) camo?
And there's one of the llamas. Looks like Dad got a little too attached to the animals during those twelve days. And for all those of you wondering- yes they do smell, and YES they do SPIT! Here is hoping that was the most elaborate of the hunting trips for this season- but if I know my hunter right, I wouldn't count on it!

3 comments:

Hales Family said...

You should come down one weekend and we can hang out. Or at least go to the spagetti factory or something fun while the boys are away right?

Kristin D. said...

I am happy for Andrew, but feel for you.

Brianna E. said...

I hope Andrew was nice to that llama- he may be an emperor in disguise.