Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tree Tradition

I forgot, in all my Christmas posting, to include this one. So, late or not, here it is. (All this catching up is for me, I know. Read what you want and skim what you don't. We just need it for our book.)


If you remember our Sunday after Thanksgiving tradition: 1. Rolled up pancakes and 2. Tree Decorating, then this will be old news to you. But, our own home or not, we kept with tradition (a week later due to Andrew being on a Grand Canyon hike that particular Sunday).


1. Rolled up pancakes.
2. Tree Decorating

This year, all of our own tree decorations were packed in storage, so we decided to make some of our own. Grandma Tina has a big beautiful tree that we would share, but just to have a little something of our own, we used this little tree and made it quite the masterpiece.
Making the star

and the "twisties" (as you will see later).

Putting on the chain

and hitting the lights.

Dr. Seuss would be proud, and so were we!


4 comments:

Kristin D. said...

That is such a great idea for decorating the tree. I think it turned out wonderful.

heidijogoody said...

I think the tree turned out great! What a great tradition

Anonymous said...

I love the tree. It looks great! I miss you guys!!

Mandi said...

are rolled up pancakes also known as crepes? I think the very first time I had those was when Andrew was living with our family in farmington....yummers! I love the craziness of that tree...it works so well.