Yes, I wish I were talking about the expansion of our home, fortune, fame, friendships or just about anything else- but unfortunately, I am not. No, I am referring to the wonderful state of expansion that comes in the process of expanding ones family- a.k.a. PREGNANCY.
An F.Y.I. to all you 0-2 children families- judging by my experience (which is, let's face it, all I have to go on) child #3 is a whole different story. Try multiple stories, if you want to compare the rapid state of growth to a building. If I was confident the excess storage I seem to be sneaking in all over would fall off as quickly as it seems to have come on- I wouldn't complain so much. But, let's face it. From what I've heard, at least, that isn't going to be the case either.
So, although I would rather not document this process- I must. You see, I realized that I didn't take one picture of myself pregnant with Tristan, and years later (yes, years) I regret it. So, for your enjoyment and my pain- here is a picture of me at 20 weeks and, more recently, at 24 weeks (the shirt really defines this one, yay!). Rather than tell me things like I look fine, etc. how about you make up something about how the bigger you get the more mellow the child. That I could swallow happily! :)
1 comments:
You, my sister/friend, are not even going to come CLOSE to the 50 pounds I gained with my #3, and it's coming off slowly but surely (more slowly than surely, it seems, but still coming off). Don't worry about it. And, I did gain more weight with #'s 2 and 3 than #1, and they are both mellower than she was. So maybe the theory is correct.
Post a Comment