I would very much regret it if I didn't post this when I had the chance. Living with my parents definitely had many advantages, and this is one of them: pictures taken when you aren't expecting them, but very much appreciate them.
We are very far from perfect when it comes to family scripture study and prayer, but we do try. With our boys so young, we read from the Book of Mormon Stories books and it amazes me how much they retain. Granted, sometimes they add their own twists on things, such as: Abinadi had the Holy Ghost with him..the picture shows him in the fire...therefore, the Holy Ghost is always associated with fire- but at least they remember a little of who Abinadi is! We generally read a page or two, explain to the best of our meager abilities, and then sing a couple of Primary songs of the boys choosing before having prayers. The favorites right now are: I am a Child of God, The Wise Man and the Foolish Man, Book of Mormon Stories, Give Said the Little Stream, I Lived in Heaven, I Love to See the Temple and (when permitted) I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home.
I love: hearing/seeing the evidences in random daily life that my boys remember what we read, hearing their little voices sing and seeing their happy faces when they do, hearing them pray for help in being obedient and being good brothers, as well as about knights fighting bad guys and being strong in our bodies. Most of all, however, I love feeling their little spirits as I try to do, as a parent, what I am being trusted to do. Due to work schedules and the many times we are apart as a family, Andrew isn't always able to be with us, but I know he feels the same.
Thanks, mom, for taking this picture.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We are reading those to our kids too. They are the best.
It is always so great to see our kids retianing things we are teaching them especially when it comes to things like this.
I always enjoy reading your blog but I have to admit I think this is my current favorite. Way to go guys! I know it is hard to get the scripture reading in (we are doing this will Jack too - same books :) ) but it is always worth it. Thanks for the updates
Post a Comment