Again, it has been so long since the cruise that I am struggling to give it the post it deserves. Being so behind and having a whole list of other posts that are awaiting, I will settle for highlights this time. (And so will you, because you have no choice- sorry :) ) If you start to compliment my picture taking, please don't. These are Michelle's pictures and again, I am stealing them. I will possibly add others as I get them from others, but for now, these will have to do. I think they will about cover it.
The drive. Funny how Andrew is the one pictured in the driver's seat because Blaine did 99% of the driving to and from California. Actually, they way it went, we all drove separately to Utah (dropping kids off with grandparents- thanks again!) and they we met up for the additional 12 hour drive together. Andrew only got us from our hotel to the port, so I guess that is picture worthy.
Especially when he takes such a good picture! :)
The Cruisers: Andrew and I. Blaine and Michelle (not pictured for obvious reasons). Allister and Maria. I guess you could safely say the corporate side of Edge Pest control.
The Cruise Line: Norwegian Star. Good, not great. But, why would you expect a cruise line that charges $50 for drinks you can never get to be great? No, it really did have it's good points in comparison with the Princess cruise we took a couple of years ago. A couple of bad ones as well, but you take what you can get on a week long getaway from kids/life!
Favorite Port of Call: Cabo San Lucas. We shopped a little and then boated over to Lover's Beach to do some body surfing and sand collecting (in every place imaginable!) I only lasted part of the time before the waves were too much for my sore body to handle. I would wager to guess the boys could have lasted all day!
Other Ports: Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan. Both we ended up shopping (mainly for belt buckles) for the most part, but as you can see, sickness hit us this cruise as it did the last one and Andrew and I bowed out for the majority of the day in Puerto Vallarta.
Would we do it again. Debatable. Perhaps another cruise and another cruise line, but even still. If you ask Andrew and I- we prefer to travel other ways. You can't beat those prices though...
0 comments:
Post a Comment