It gets harder and harder to post about things the longer it has been since they've actually happened, but here goes. The second weekend in October (embarrassing how long ago that has been), my mom and sisters came to the colorful state of Colorado for a girl's weekend! It wasn't all that colorful upon their arrival, however, since they stepped off the plane to SNOW! (I claim they brought it with them, but it is only one against four so I guess I lose.) The weather was true to life in the Rockies, so they can officially say they have experienced Colorado completely.
I guess I should be more specific: the girls weekend was centered around seeing Wicked, but I happily took second place. :) No ambitions existed other than: seeing the musical, getting away from kids and spending some girl time, so we set out to do just that.
(Again, time has lessened my ability to document this creatively, so I will proceed- bullet style.)
First Stop: Home.
The ladies dropped off their luggage, toured our humble abode and we set off for the next stop (which, with ladies, naturally means...
Second Stop: LUNCH!) Intent upon eating and not so much upon picture taking, you'll have to use your imagination on this one. Not too hard since our dining choice ended up being Chili's (close and enough of a variety to appease the masses- which included a pregnant lady!) Then, it was off to...
Third Stop: Margaret Brown aka The Invincible Molly Brown's house. I bet you didn't know that she lived in Denver did you? Neither did I until searching for things to do for the weekend. I have to say- I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. I only wish I would have known they do tea/dinner parties. Next time, perhaps. This one, we did get pictures of. Or, I guess by we, I should say my sister's did. This was the actual place I discovered that my camera was broken. Sad day. I'll have to include the picture later seeing as I have yet to steal it. Sorry.
Stop Four: I'll give you one guess and you'll probably nail it- Shopping! We hit the Outlets at Saddle Rock until we couldn't handle the cold any longer, and decided to call it a night. Not before...
Stop Five: Dinner. This time we ate at Texas Roadhouse. (again, not too creative, but when you are hungry, you go with the classics.) The ladies were tired from their 4am airport arrival time, so after a good old fashioned meal, we turned in early.
After a day of church/relaxing, we headed to the event we were there for- Stop Six: Wicked! (showing at the Buell Theatre) We were disappointed they didn't have any of the musical's signs displayed for picture taking, so this one outside of the theatre will have to do. I have no words to describe the musical itself except- phenominal! I loved loved loved it. I wasn't so sure I would at first, but it didn't take long to change my mind. I would see it again if I could.
The musical went until late, so after a little chit chat, we turned in for our final day...
Stop Seven: More shopping! We headed back to the Outlets, convinced we hadn't done enough damage the day before. When we were finally satisfied we had seen it all, we had only enough time for one final..
Stop Eight: LUNCH. This time we ate at Old Chicago (which I, for one, have never been to) and it hit the spot for me. Good thing I live here because I will definitely be craving this again.
And then, to the airport. It was sad to see everyone go. I wish we all lived close still and could do these kinds of things more often, but we will have to settle for other girls trips for now. Thanks for coming ladies (and to all my brothers for daddy-sitting). It meant a lot and I had a great time. Until next time...
1 comments:
It was very fun. I wish we would have taken more pictures though. Well scratch that...I wish I would have taken more pictures of all of you guys...I'm totally fine with being out of pictures from July 2009-July 2010....I think by then, I'll be ready to be in pictures again!
Post a Comment