Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quits

I am about 0.2 seconds away from calling it quits on the potty training thing.  Seriously, the way things are going and my next to nothing patience with the whole thing are equalling up to Tristan wearing diapers/pullups- whatever he wants- until he gets married and is some other girls problem!


We've tried it all.  Stickers, treats, presents, calls to dad/grandma.  Timers, schedule charting, reminders.  Reverting back to a baby, cleaning up his own messes, wearing no pants, cold showers- you name it.  Basically, if you ask him to and/or make him he will sit on the potty and go.  Every time.  If you leave it to his own doing to go or ask you to take him- not a chance.  He will go in the middle of building a puzzle, eating food, walking, talking- doesn't matter.  Up until today, I thought he'd only wet his pants, but no.  Messing his pants involves no extra concern on his part.
DO THEY HAVE A KIDS ON THE MOVE FOR POTTY TRAINING?
I am not kidding.  They were called in for eating solids, they were called in for crawling, they were called in for walking.  They were even called in for not going up and down stairs on a "normal" developmental schedule.  Not because of inability-
BUT FOR SHEER STUBBORNESS!
Each time-he was doing the required milestone in just enough visits to have made the whole process a paperwork inconvinience.  That is right, nothing they did was anything special.  He just decided that I had to be at my wits end with the whole thing before he'd actually do it and calling in the professionals was proof I'd reached breaking point.  Well...
CALLING ALL PROFESSIONALS! 
I've reached it.  I've passed it.  I am ready to trade him in for a puppy- they are easier to train.
Now I know that some kids are just not ready.  I just don't think that to be the case.  He is smart.  He knows what he is doing.  He is practically able to change his own diaper.
HE IS ALMOST THREE AND A HALF YEARS OLD
We let it go.  Laid low.  Left it alone in hopes he would show signs of being ready and wanting to.  That's never going to happen folks!

So, should you wish to see me with a full head of hair...
HELP!

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I am sure you are so frustrated but hang in there. I have had two nephews that have just ended up one day deciding to go on the potty and both of their moms were at your same wits end just throwing their hands up. Hopefully he will decide to do it sooner rather then later. Good luck