Sunday, October 19, 2008

Test Results

Alright, so the REAL test was how fast each of you would respond, and a good many of you FAILED COMPLETELY! For the rest of you, here is the awaited result...


Apparently it doesn't take a PhD to diagnose my condition. Just three positive pregnancy tests! (One would be sufficient for many of you, but anyone who knows me and knows how unexpectedly my pregnancies come, knows exactly why there are three!)

Just to clarify a few things, for posterity and for those of you unbelievers:

  1. 1.We found out YESTERDAY. Not a week ago, not a month ago- ONE DAY AGO. So I haven't been hiding anything.
  2. We were surprised on this one. I know, because of the previous two being unexpected (one more of a "surprise" than the other), it is starting to sound a little "girl who cried wolf" (either that or we don't have a CLUE how these things work). Not the case. It just seems to work that, when we have our own plans on when (or when not to) have these things happen, they usually work out very different. I think we are being taught something, what do you think?
  3. We will not be disappointed with either gender. I know I have said before that I would cry if I had another boy next (especially after that last post- ironic- yes!), but I admit, I was being dramatic. I honestly do not feel that way. Will I worry about my ability to be the mother of THREE BOYS-specifically my mental health and the condition of my house/things. Yes. But, to be honest, just the idea of having THREE KIDS is enough to worry me about my mothering abilities and the future of my mental health as it is. Would we love a little girl, of course, but we are just excited for a healthy baby.

So, there you have it. Sometime around June 28, 2009, we will be the parents of three little monkeys. All those of you mothers understand when I say that I am starting to get a little nervous about the whole thing, but we are excited. It has been a good two and a half years since I've done the pregnancy thing, so if any of you have any advice- or maternity clothes you are no longer in need of for that matter (you know how you want to burn your maternity clothes after each baby? Well, I do.)- I welcome all!

16 comments:

Kristin D. said...

Just for the record. I checked your blog before I went to bed last night and there were no new post. So I can't be blamed for not responding. Congratulations!!! I hope your pregnancies are pretty easy, especially with being the mother of 2 energenic boys.

blaine and michelle said...

You are welcome to shop through my maternity closet on November 18th. And I'm impressed you only took three pregnancy tests. I usually take 5.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I guess that means Marc and I are ready for baby 3 in about 4 months right?? Isn't that about how far apart both of our kids our!!! LOL You will for sure have to tell us what you having, I already can't wait

Hales Family said...

Congrats! That's so fun!

Mandi said...

that's crazy! I can't believe we saw you yesterday and didn't have a clue! Tell me how I can help.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm very excited! And thanks for calling us last night! As soon as I heard your message--when you were calling cameron--I just knew that had to be it!!!

heidijogoody said...

congrats... I hadn't even seen the post before this, the test one, until right after I read this one. That is so fun for you guys. I wish you all the best.

Denise said...

Congrats! If you want to take a test run with my three you are welcome anytime. j/k :)

Hailey said...

How exciting! Congrats you guys, keep us posted on the gender.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you. You will be a wonderful mom of three...don't worry I truly believe that you get an extra dose of SUPER MOM with each baby. :-)Keep me update. Oh this totally makes my day.

Jill said...

Congrats! You will be an amazing Mom of 3. Deep breaths! ;) I hope the pregnancy goes well.

Denise said...

I forgot to add that I have some maternity shirts you can have...size medium. I was pregnant in the summer though so I'm not sure if you would want short sleeves or not?

Meagarific said...

WOOHOO! :)

Georgi Family said...

congratulations!! That is so exciting. You are such a great mom. Not to mention that you make cute little boys. I hope this one is a girl.

Tiffany Joy said...

Oh LYndsey!! You are going to have so much fun! And so many more messy things to add to your list. I'm very excited for you. Babies are such a blessing!

Morgan Anne said...

Lyndsey, congrats! What exciting news that another one is on the way! Keep us posted and we need to get together soon!