In the almost five years Andrew and I have been married, I have discovered one (if only one) thing. We are expert jugglers. Alright, so expert is definitely not the correct terminology, but jugglers we are none the less. Now I am not just talking about those juggle imitators who stand in one place and toss a couple of balls around- oh no! I am talking serious, career jugglers who juggle three or more, often flaming objects, all the while riding around on a unicycle that is three stories high, kind of jugglers. I think you get the picture. To illustrate my point, I will mention two specific examples and then our current situation. You may notice a pattern (or two)!
Case and point #1:
Ball 1) Pregnant with Gavin and trying to finish up my first year of teaching. Ball 2) Andrew's accident and resulting broken neck. Ball 3) Moving into our first house and having a new baby. Unicycle) This all took place during Andrew's busiest travelling month (one of two) for work.
Case and point #2:
Ball 1) Pregnant with Tristan and trying to keep up with a 14 month old. Ball 2) Finishing our yard before a HOA deadline and possible fine. Ball 3) A baby that decides to come 5 weeks early, an emergency c-section and 4 days with a newborn in the NICU. Unicycle) Again, all during Andrew's busiest travelling month (the second of the two, and only one of many this year.)
Current case and point (and perhaps our most extreme so far):
Ball 1) Andrew voluntarily left his employment of the last 7 years to embark on the adventure of starting his own business. Ball 2) The new business requires a relocation out of state (Colorado) and thus a selling of and moving out of our home. Ball 3) As mentioned in previous posts, baby #3 is expected in June and is proving to be the most difficult of the previous two. And what is the unicycle this time? The Canadian and US Embasys. We have no firm time frames until decided by these two parties.
As for a pattern, you can see: our babies are generally tied to moving AND Andrew's busy work seasons. And things are proving to continue according to pattern. It may seem unstable, and I must admit- life right now IS crazy, but perhaps we are approaching expert juggler status after all because, we are doing JUST FINE, and we wouldn't change a thing!
The next two posts will answer all the questions I am sure you are having. Line upon line, right?!
baby sleeper bed
4 years ago
4 comments:
Wow that is crazy. It is funny how when things in life are so crazy you get pregnant!
wow...I loved the juggling imaginary. I can't imagine all the 'juggling' you are under. Yikes! pretty soon you'll be ready to jump through a ring of fire too, or maybe you already are?!
I think you picked the best analogy for what you are going through. I wish I lived closer to help.
I think you've already achieved the "Expert" status! Wish I could help. Good luck with all that's going on. I hope you're finally feeling much better!
Post a Comment