Alright, the details. (The pictures on this are smaller because I copied them off facebook. I will post the originals once I get them from the CD).
A good many posts back, I mentioned the end of summer PPC banquet being our last endeavor with Andrew's current company, and I have also mentioned the idea of a new company in recent posts as well. Well, now that I have the pictures (and the visa information (which I will explain later) is in place) I will wrap up the banquet and give you the full story!
As many of you know, for the last seven years, Andrew has worked (in several positions) for Preventive Pest Control and/or PPC Marketing. At the time Andrew came home from his mission, his family was living in Albuqurque, NM, and at the same time, Preventive was operating from there as well. He was offered his first job off the mission, as a technician- spraying and servicing the houses. He did this for a few months before the summer sales season started, when he relocated to Las Vegas, Nevada to sale door to door for four months. Deciding his talents and interests were in the sales (and particularly management) side of the company, Andrew sold and managed a sales office for the next two summers: in Pheonix, Arizona, and Houston, Texas (we were married at that point). From here he was hired as a corporate manager for PPC Marketing. He did this for about four months before it was decided to make him the Vice President of Marketing, a position he has held and excelled at for the last four years. For those of you who know Andrew, you know that he puts his ALL into everything he does. These last seven years have been no exception. He has spent more time, energy and emotion than can even be described helping PPC to succeed. In turn, each position he has held with Preventive has taught him new things, introduced him to talented and unique individuals, stretched his abilities, and given him an opportunity to recognize his strengths and ambitions. One such ambition being, owning his own company. Which brings me to the title of this post, but before I go on, I have to mention the close of his time with Preventive, which took place at this years banquet.



For his time, his sales achievements and his excellence in management, Andrew has long been recognized on Preventive Pest Control's "Wall of Fame" and by it's employees. Over the years, a siginficant amount of people have expressed appreciation for friendships, personal influence and many other affects Andrew has had on their successes and their lives. This year, at the banquet, was no exception. After an overview of his time with PPC and a personal tribute from Kevin, the owner and a close friend, the close to 180 employees from the year paid their own recognition and appreciation to Andrew with an overwhelming standing ovation and pictures signed with personal thankyous. The experience of leaving has been overwhelming, having given so much of himself to PPC, but the excitement of moving forward is far more.
And now, our new endeavor. For years, Andrew has believed in providing people with opportunity, freedom and integrity- something he worked hard to impliment into PPC and something he will take with him and magnify in his new business- Edge Pest Control. The new business will start out in Denver, Colorado (thus becoming our new home for the next few years) and hopes to grow quickly from there.
And finally, the visas. During his years with Preventive, Andrew met, worked with and became close friends with Allister Sewell, a very talented, honest, hard working salesman, who is now going to be his new business partner. Allister, his wife Maria, and their two boys (what a coincidence!) are from Canada and will be relocating to Denver as well-which explains the dealings with the US and Canadian Embassys. We are waiting on a visa approval, which turns out to be a longer and more complicated processes than we even knew. We have become such good friends with the Sewell's and are excited to live and work so closly with them.So there you have it. Or most of it (more than you may even want to know). But, I also must add my own input to all of this as well. I simply can not describe how grateful I am to Andrew for the way he is and has provided for our family and for the man he is. Financially, we have been more than well taken care of, but there is far more. His personal integrity, hard work, ambition, and general caring for others is something that I appreciate, for myself as well as the effect and example it has and will continue to have on our family. Although his focus and efforts are largely involved in what he does, I know our family is the most important. He is a wonderful husband and father and for that I am so blessed. I love you, babe. Thank you.
5 comments:
well that was so interesting to hear all of the details. Wow you are married to a pretty respected guy...you are such an amazing person, a perfect match!
Non of that recognition for Andrew surprises me. Good luck on the new direction in your life. It is nice to know the whole story now.
We're excited for your new business and wish you the best! We really like the name, good choice, Andrew. Keep us posted on the next year... it's an exciting and exhausting time, but definitely worth all of it. I'm sure that your company will do amazing things with Andrew and Allister at the helm. Good luck with the visas... I hope that sorts itself out soon, too. =)
~Natalie Johnson
I just have to say that i love the new pictures of the boys on the side. I just think htey are cute. Good luck with everything coming up!
wow.. What an exciting new adventure!
Post a Comment