(Michelle, I stole from you again. There was just no better title for this post than the one you used, so I copied. Again. Consider it flattery!)
Flowers, expensive gifts, service coupons, etc etc, there was just no better "present" that I could have been given for Mother's Day than the one that I got this year. The long past due "presence" of my wonderful and extremely busy husband. Even if it was just for the day-which it basically was. And, there is no better gift for a mother than to see her two father-deprived boys soaking up every possible waking minute attached to their daddy's side. I enjoyed it all so thoroughly that I didn't take the time for many pictures, surprise, surprise. Of all the hours spent: playing in bed, watching long awaited shows saved especially for daddy, playing games on his phone, falling asleep on his lap in church, driving/walking/throwing rocks in the mountains, and catching up on many a father/son conversation, I only got the pictures of the rock throwing. Sorry, I was getting my time in too.
(*Note: It was colder up there than we had anticipated for the time of day/year, so this was all we had in the car by way of jackets.
3 comments:
Sounds like Andrew knew just what to get you. You probably will never forget this mother's day.
I'm glad Andrew was able to be with you on Mother's Day. It was a nice surprise to all of us that he was there - we don't get to see him much anymore either. I'm sure this was the best Mother's Day yet for you!
I bet that was the best mothers day present!
Post a Comment