Monday, May 3, 2010

Museums are for KIDS!!

We missed a Saturday family day (April 25, 2010) so when the idea to take the kids to the Denver Children's Museum was brought up- we jumped on it!  And, since Andrew works Saturdays during the summer, the job was solo mio.  (We actually took them on Friday, but same thing.)

Friday, April 29, 2010
I originally wanted to get a year membership to the museum to get us through the winter months, but sickness and everything else seemed to get in the way and we never made it.   Here we are in May and we just got around to going for the first time.  As expected, the kids LOVED it and we are officially members.  It works out because, let's face it- you can only go to the pool so many times a week before it loses its appeal.  This should break things up a bit, or so we hope.

The pictures pretty much say it all, but just in case you are a little confused, the exhibits going on right now are:

Arts ala Carte

Theatre/Dress ups

Hand puppets

Word/Sorting Wall
Trains

Tools/Recycling (Use real tools and recycled boxes, cans, etc to make something new.)

The Marketplace

Fire Station


and 2 different play areas!  It is obvious how much they LOVED them.  And the things that I loved the most...
 Stroller friendly, but even more than that...
What parent doesn't love sleeping babies?
If you happen to live in Denver and frequent the museum..we'll see you there next week!
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!!! I'm glad it was so fun! It makes me want to go. Too bad I don't live in Denver...drat.

Mandi said...

I love reading about all of your adventures...it makes me excited to be a mom.

Kristin D. said...

Wow, that is an amazing museum. I can see why the kids loved it.

Heather said...

We love going to the kid museums around here too. I am grateful for wonderful places like those. It looks like you had a grand time....I love the sleeping picture. It is funny but sometimes those brief moments are heaven sent. :P

Denise said...

Looks like a great time! Who doesn't love activities that wear the kids out!

Chadlee said...

It looks like they had a fun time! I wish it wasn't as far away as it is.