Monday, May 3, 2010

No Girls Allowed

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The weekend before summer sales started, Andrew decided to take his boys camping for some much needed (and soon to be much lacking) father/son time (and some much needed break time for mom!)  Emma and I relaxed at home reading, crafting and watching girlie movies while the boys roughed it outdoors- all under the precedence that "no girls were allowed."  Let me tell you how much they got a kick out of that idea.  For weeks since I have been hearing/seeing written signs stating that "no moms are allowed", or "no babies allowed".  That was to be expected, but I am afraid it has caught on too wildly...this morning I found the ball bucket dumped out and a sign stating "punch balloons only allowed."  And if that wasn't enough, the boys (Gavin specifically) has reignited his camping obsession.  He draws/writes lists of all the items he needs for camping and then finds toys to act as those items.  Pile after pile of random objects are collecting in every corner of the house.  To say that they enjoyed themselves would be a very drastic understatement.  He may not have a whole lot of spare time, but you sure wouldn't know it judging by how much the boys love/want to be like their daddy.

Since mom wasn't there to snap the pictures, dad's I-Phone had to do.  It takes me, what feels like a year to get them off the phone, so if you are really interested, you'll have to stay tuned.  Otherwise, this post was really just to keep things in order.  Pictures to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I'm glad you were able to spend time for the girls! Love that! Wish I could've had girl time with ya!

Kristin D. said...

I bet you enjoyed you time just as much as they did. Andrew sure is a brave dad to take those two boys out there.