Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just a Thing or Two

about my baby girl.
(Note: you know your baby girl is the prettiest thing alive when you can not for the life of you decide which pictures to post about her doing regular things like eating pizza and playing in the dishwasher- so you have to make a collage out of all of them! Sample:)


I have updated a lot of posts lately, but I have to mention a couple of new things that our Emma girl is doing as of late.

1.  She actually tried pizza the other day.  Not much, but at least we got a bite or two in.  PROGRESS!  As of now, her only accepted foods are: toast/bread (only specific kinds), yogurt, baby fruit in a jar, puffs/crackers (only a few) and  french fries.  Once she ate a couple of pieces of quesadilla and a chicken nugget, but only once.  She LOVES M&M's (actually anything chocolate), which is good because Tristan still thinks they are named after her.  Or the other way around- doesn't much matter to him.  Again, any suggestions I am in dire need!!

2.  She can stand on her own now.  Only for a few seconds, but she does it.  Walking is just around the corner, I believe.  Oh no!  I know these pictures aren't of her standing alone, but they do show how much she LOVES to stand.  Besides, they also show that...
3.  She knows how to smile for a camera!  She doesn't say cheese, she just gives a big grin and a cheesy laugh, and you get something like this every time...


4.  She waves.  Grandpa Jeff taught her how to wave bye-bye at Bear Lake, and she has been doing it constantly since.  She waves at Andrew when he goes to work.  She waves at Gavin when he goes to school.  She waves to random cars on the street and strangers walking behind us.  You name it.  She also points.  This one isn't pictured, but she points at EVERYTHING.  Correction, generally she points at what she wants- and because 90% of the time she usually gets it, she probably won't be talking for a long time.  Still, seeing her cute little finger stretched out is enough to want to give it to her regardless.


She is still the prettiest thing I have ever seen and I don't think I am completely biased.  We can't go anywhere without someone saying the words pretty, dainty, beautiful or their equivalents.  I don't know how we got her, but I could look at her all day and just LOVE HER TO PIECES!  Even when she is a pill, which is becoming more and more often, she still melts your heart (not your hands..ha ha)!

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

She is looking so big in all those pictures.. she really is a pretty little thing!