Friday, November 26, 2010

I Am Thankful...

that I lied.  I said in my fall feast post that we weren't going to do another traditional Thanksgiving meal (especially since it was just going to be the five of us)- but we did.  Doesn't it look yummy?
 Granted, this is what Emma had to eat on such a festive occasion- but I don't see her complaining.  Me, on the otherhand...a little bit.  Mac&Cheese with all that good food.  Stubborn little girl!

 It was actually quite satisfying to make an entire Thanksgiving meal single handed.  Ham, potatoes and gravy, stuffing, fried okra, jello salad, homemade rolls and pumpkin pie...not bad for a non-chef.  And...Andrew let me sleep in that morning (embarrassingly until 11), and I still got it all done and hot at the same time by 4!  Still don't know how.  Even with the clean up, it was well worth it. 



And what were the kiddos doing while I cooked up a storm?  Emma napped and the boys hung out with Dad for the most part.  They did get some Thanksgiving crafting in, thanks to the local Bank and Trust for having these coloring pages at the grocery checkout!

 All in all it was a small Thanksgiving for us, but it was a happy one.  Hope yours was too!

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Wow look at you go.. and I just have to ask is that Tristan coloring in the lines! Amazing I can't get my girls to do that for the life of me they just don't have the patience!