My last Primary activity in the presidency was a tour of the Denver LDS temple grounds. Actually, I may have been released by this time (seeing as the move was weeks away), but still. I consider it my last, and regardless it was a family activity and I was there with my kiddos. We met at the temple and were ushered into groups and assigned a tour guide who walked us around the grounds explaining the history of the temple and some of the symbolisms on the building itself. They told stories, bore testimonies, but by far the most touching of these for me was a story of a little boy who wanted so badly to help with the building of the temple. He kept asking his parents to ask the authorities how he could help and finally he was put to work and even assisted in the ground breaking. Later, the prophet explained the significance of being closely involved in temple work, and the physical change that takes place when one actually touches the temple by hand. The children were then allowed to touch the temple itself and I stood by and cried like a baby. What a beautiful experience. We then crossed the grounds and had a picnic just outside. I am so glad we were in Colorado long enough to participate and I am so grateful my kids had a chance to be a part of the Tuscany ward Primary. We miss it.
baby sleeper bed
4 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment